Applicability of Cargo Insurance
One of the oldest types of property insurance is cargo insurance. It is difficult to imagine that a serious transaction, stipulating delivery of goods/cargo can be entered into without insurance coverage.
- Protection of your property interests associated with cargo transportation by land, water or air.
- Presence of risks (technology-related, natural, unlawful acts of third parties, etc.) of partial or total loss of cargo during transportation.
Insurance of cargoes is maintained based on the following categories of risk:
A – ‘all risks liability’
B – ‘particular average liability’
C – ‘with no liability for damages, except for cases of wreck (total destruction only)’.
Determined on the basis of documents confirming the actual value of cargo.
At the request of the Policyholder the sum insured may further include:
- cargo value based on commercial invoice;
- freight charge determined on the basis of shipping documents (CMR-waybill, MAWB-waybill, rail waybill, invoice, bill of lading, shipping invoice, consignment note)
- cost of shipping, in the amount not exceeding 10% of the contract value of cargo;
- other documented costs associated with transit storage, cargo protection in transit, but not more than 20% of cargo value.
Determined by OIC experts as a percentage of the sum insured, depending on the type of cargo transported, type of transport facility, transportation mode, transportation route, transportation load and other factors.
Advantages of OIC
- 12 years of experience in the field of transport and cargo insurance.
- Availability of average commissioners in all major cities of Kazakhstan;
- Cooperation with the biggest shipping and forwarding companies in Kazakhstan.
- OIC is the amount of payments in cargo insurance among all insurance companies in Kazakhstan.
How to make an order?
Our specialists will prepare an individual insurance program that takes into account your budget, objectives and business specifics.
To do this, please contact us at: +7 (727) 258-18-00 ext. 1063 and mobile: + 7701 737 70 72 or leave us your contact details and describe the insurance your organization wants, and OIC Corporate Insurance officers will contact you. Email address for messages: firstname.lastname@example.org